Family Night Peer Support Group
The Center for Grieving Children hosts an evening Family Night Peer Support Group on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month of the school year.
- 6 PM: Dinner
- 8 PM: Program Ends
These gatherings begin with a shared meal and visits from our therapy dog teams. Participants then break up into five age groups, with adults having their own groups as well. Trained facilitators and support volunteers lead group members through activities designed for the sharing of feelings, life experiences and memories. These activities often include arts, crafts, interactive games and support. The evening ends with a brief candlelight commemorative ceremony.
|September 24||January 14|
|October 10||January 28|
|November 12||February 11|
|November 26||February 25|
|December 10||March 10|
- There will be no Family Nights on September 10, 2019 (volunteer training) and December 24, 2019 (Christmas Eve).
During the Summer we meet once on month on the third Tuesday of the month.
- June 16, 2020: Memorial Picnic & Tree Planting
- Greenville Lion’s Park, Municipal Dr, Greenville, Wisconsin
- July 21, 2020: Nature Spirit Memory Walk
- Heckrodt Nature Center, 1305 Plank Rd, Menasha, Wisconsin
- August 18, 2020: Family Fun
- Boys & Girls Club of Appleton, 160 S Badger Ave, Appleton, Wisconsin