Doing Whatever It Takes
We know that youth and families rely on us in times of crisis. The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley is here to support the community, especially those who need us most. We are committed to providing as much support and help as we can, in a safe manner, for as long as the COVID-19 Coronavirus remains a public health emergency.
Click on any of the boxes above to learn more about the ways we’re supporting youth and families during this challenging time.
How You Can Help
We have the ability to make this unsettling time a little more hopeful by simply choosing to be there for one another. To donate, please click the button below and select “COVID-19/Essential Support” from the designation dropdown.
Existing Club Services Still Being Offered
- Center for Grieving Children – Is hosting virtual family nights each month during this time for the families and youth. CGC is also providing grief resources and support via the CGC Facebook page. If you have questions contact Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth & Family Counseling – Virtual Telehealth individual counseling is available. Please contact Carlyn at email@example.com
- Home Base (formerly Runaway & Homeless Youth Services) – All services that are not based in the schools may continue. Youth in need can continue to call our hotline for help 24-hours a day at 920-731-0557. For other general questions please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- STAR – Students in this program will be able to continue communicating with their STAR Coordinator. For questions please contact Kayla at email@example.com.
- TRAC – Students in this program will be able to continue communicating with their TRAC Case Manager. For questions please contact Phil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other – Youth and families are encouraged to email email@example.com for all other urgent needs. We will work to provide as much assistance as possible given the current public health emergency.
Check out our rap video below that talks about COVID-19 and how we’re stepping up for our youth and families during this time.
Explaining COVID-19 to youth
If you are looking for opportunities to talk to and educate to your children about COVID-19, check out these helpful resources:
- Talking to children about Coronavirus
- NPR: A Comic Exploring the Coronavirus
- Mystery Science: How do germs get inside your body? (Video)
- BrainPop: Activities and Education about Coronavirus for youth
- Nanogirl: Explaining Coronavirus to youth (Video)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America – MyFuture Program Activities
- Scholastic – Learn at Home
- Reading Adventure Packs by Reading Rockets
- 150+ Enrichment Activities While Parents and Caregivers Work Remotely
For any other inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.