This Challenge will Support Youth in the Fox Valley
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley has received a $100,000 Matching Gift Challenge from three families in the Fox Cities community who want to help change the lives of Boys & Girls Club members. All gifts received, up to $100,000, by December 31, 2018 will be matched dollar for dollar as part of the Challenge.
“We believe that all children deserve an equal opportunity to reach their full potential,” said Greg Lemke-Rochon, Chief Executive Officer. “As we look to the future, it is our duty and responsibility to ensure that we continue to evolve and meet kids’ needs. We must do everything possible to ensure our young people have opportunities outside of school and home that promote their healthy development and enable them to live a happy, productive, caring life as adults. The timing of this Matching Gift Challenge is particularly meaningful during the holiday season when so many people are involved in helping others.”
Why Donate to Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley?
- 100% of your donation stays in our community, the Fox Valley, Wisconsin.
- Our Mission: Inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
- In the last year we served 12,000 youth in the Fox Valley through after school programs including our Teen Club of Appleton & Menasha, FREE Youth & Family Services including the Center for Grieving Children, Runaway & Homeless Youth Services, STAR (Students on Target to Achieve Results), TRAC (Truancy Reduction & Assessment Center) and Youth & Family Counseling.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley is rated as a four-star charity (the highest category) with a score of 96.55 (out of a 100) by Charity Navigator, a national independent charity evaluator. It’s rating system examines two broad areas of a charity’s performance; their Financial Health and their Accountability & Transparency. There are only 48 other charities in Wisconsin with this four-star rating.
Because of your Generosity
- Meet Michael: Michael eats a hot and healthy meal each day at the Boys & Girls Club of Menasha. Over 200,000 meals and snacks were served to thousands of young people just like Michael.
- Meet Jen: Since she joined the Boys & Girls Club of Appleton, Jen’s math grades improved from D’s to B’s. She is now on track to graduate in the Spring. Every school day, nearly 1,200 young people just like Jen walk through the doors of one of our Boys & Girls Clubs to get help with their school work, talk to an adult who cares, and find opportunity.
- Meet Jayzon: Jayzon works now as a mentor at the Boys & Girls Club of Appleton but was seven when his mom signed him up as a member many years ago. When his mom, a single parent, died a year later the Club was there for him and his grieving siblings. Today, Jayzon says that the Club “saved his life” and he pays that forward to the many young people just like him he gets to mentor and guide each day. Read more here >
Ways to Donate
- Mail checks payable to BGCFV to:
Boys & Girls Club of the Fox Valley
160 S Badger Ave
Appleton, WI 54914
- Donate online with button below.
Have questions? Give us a call at (920) 731-0555 or contact us via email here.