Make a positive difference in the life of a child.
Mentors are integral to our mission as they provide positive, caring, and trusted role models for our youth. In a mentoring relationship, mentors provide guidance and support to help young people build self-confidence, learn positive behaviors, stay in school, and avoid potential pitfalls like drugs and gangs.
“Being able to make a difference in a kid’s life is a remarkable feeling. It gives me the greatest joy when a member walks into Club with a smile on their face, looking forward to telling you about their day. We create such a connection with each other that I know it’s going to be lifelong.” – Dominique Bledsoe, Great Futures Mentor
- 18+ years of age
- Must complete our onboarding process
- 1-year commitment preferred
- Plan to meet weekly for a minimum of 1 hour
Hours of Operation
During your volunteer orientation the Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to choose dates and times during our hours of operation that work best for your schedule.
Steps to Becoming a Mentoring Volunteer
- Fill out our Mentoring application with three references here**
- Complete a background check
- Schedule a fingerprinting appointment
- Complete 1 hour of BGCA Child Abuse Prevention training
- Complete a scheduled orientation
- Choose your schedule
**After you submit your application, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to complete the background check
For More Information Contact
Sam Packard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 750-5834.