Offered at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Appleton, Badger, Columbus, Foster, Highlands, Little Chute, and Menasha (to youth in grades K-3).
Page Turners Literacy Tutoring program’s goal: to increase third-grade reading ability for students at the bottom 20 percent of reading proficiency.
By fourth grade, students who cannot read proficiently are on the high school dropout track. The ability to read by the end of third grade is essential to increasing the number of children who succeed academically, graduate on time, and do well in life and the workforce.
Students in the Page Turners program meet weekly with certified teacher and volunteer tutors who cooperate with the student’s classroom teachers. The weekly meetings with caring adult tutors create strong bonds increasing the program’s impact as well.
- 15+ years of age
- Must complete our onboarding process
- 6 month – 1 year commitment preferred
- Be able to tutor 1-2 times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes
Hours of Operation
During your volunteer orientation the Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to choose dates and times during our hours of operation that work best for your schedule.
Steps to Becoming a Page Turners Tutor
- Fill out our volunteer application here**
- Complete a background check
- Complete 1 hour of BGCA Child Abuse Prevention training
- Complete a scheduled orientation
- Choose your schedule
**After you submit your application, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to complete the background check