Volunteer with the Boys & Girls Club
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley!
By volunteering with the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley you are helping to strengthen our community, helping young people be successful academically and build good character and leadership skills.
All volunteers are role models to our young people and are critical to our mission!
We are open during the school year from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., days off of school, holidays, spring breaks, and summers.
We offer programming in arts, music, science, technology, health and safety, sports and recreation, and career and educational areas. We always need homework helpers and volunteers to spend time with our kids ages 6 and above. We also need volunteers to help us at special events, assist with serving meals at our Club and providing administrative help at our front desk.
Start Your Journey Here
The first step is to complete a volunteer application. Once the background and reference checks are completed, and everything is approved, you will be invited in for a volunteer orientation.
What talent or skill would you like to share with tomorrow’s leaders?
Serving 6 – 12 Year Olds
- Learning Center (tutoring, computers)
- Gym (basketball, baseball, volleyball)
- Art Room (craft creations, art projects, painting)
- Games Room (bumper pool, carpetball, pool)
- Front Desk (clerical, administrative)
- Cafeteria (board games, snack/meal service)
- Cadet Room (socializing with ages 6 – 9, board games, coloring, legos, assist with homework)
- Junior Room (socializing with ages 10 – 12, board games, video games, assist with homework)
- Technology Center (working with computers, digital photography)
- Dance Studio (teaching dance, workout classes, one-on-one teaching)
- Music Room (music lessons and music education)
- Drama Room (teaching theatrics, improvisation, comedy, drama games)
Guiding Principles: Collaboration, Leadership, Cultural Competency and Youth Who Need Us Most
Serving The CLUB Teen Center (13 – 18 Year Olds)
- Games Room (pool, air hockey)
- Recording Studio (music recording, editing, and teaching)
- Stage Area (performing music or drama)
- Fitness Center (fitness classes, individual training, other misc. fitness programming)
- Career Center (resume building, interview skills, life skills, job skills)
- Teen Café (assisting teens with job experience)
- Technology Center (tutoring, teaching technology skills, assisting teens with projects)
- Teaching Kitchen/Laundry (teaching home-related skills)
- Group Clubs (CareerLaunch, Money Matters, Date SMART, other programs)
There are also special events, field trips, tutoring, and fundraisers throughout the year that need volunteers to assist.
To download a volunteer application, click here.