TRAC (Truancy Reduction & Assessment Center) works to promote school attendance and academic engagement by supporting youth with attendance challenges through timely, effective assessments and case management. TRAC works with families, law enforcement, county and community support services and school districts to proactively address issues of truancy and potential underlying concerns.
TRAC Case Management
- Proactively address student engagement and promote school attendance through 1:1 meetings
- Educate students on state laws pertaining to school attendance
- Assess for underlying factors contributing to student behavior
- Empower individual goal setting and action planning
Summer of Service
Summer of Service (SOS) is a service learning initiative for AASD students typically provided during the first three weeks in August. Participants complete service projects at local community-based and non-profit agencies. Youth are split into teams led by members of the AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC), with additional supervision provided by Appleton Police Department School Resource Officers, AASD staff, and TRAC staff.
Graduates of Summer of Service Earn
- Elective ½ credit
- A bicycle through Riverview Gardens’ Earn-a-Bike Program
- Up to 120 community service hours
- A stipend
Participants must be students of the Appleton Area School District and enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade for the following school year.