Home Base (formerly known as Runaway & Homeless Youth Services) serves youth (up to age 21) and families in Outagamie, Calumet, and Winnebago counties experiencing challenges related to running away, homelessness, and housing insecurities. Services are confidential, voluntary, and free of charge.
Youth who face housing insecurity rely on the compassion, safety, and support that this program provides during some of the most challenging times of their young adult lives.
Services provided by Home Base:
- 24-hour hotline support (920-731-0557)
- Case management, crisis intervention, and counseling support
- Family Mediation
- Multi-disciplinary teaming
- Wellness Groups
- Temporary shelter (for eligible youth ages 12-17)
- Community Referrals
- Care Packages (To learn more or request a care package click here)
Street Outreach support services consist of a dedicated team that:
- Conducts community outreach to reach out to our most vulnerable teens
- Spends time at regular youth hangouts
- Makes connections with young people in crisis
- Distributes personal care packages
- Increases youth access to community resources
Are you or someone you know in need of additional support? Click the button below to access our Street Smart card which includes great resources from area organizations that provide additional assistance for youth and their families.Street Smart Resources
Starting in 2019, the Home Base team initiated a community march called “Youth on the Move” which took place in November during National Homeless Youth Prevention Month and aimed to bring awareness to the hundreds of local youth who are homeless. Click here to learn more about last year’s event.
Meet our Team
- Kay Powers, Home Base Coordinator
- Katie Van Groll, Home Base Director
- Summer Schwartz, Home Base AmeriCorps member
- Kay Church, Home Base AmeriCorps member
For more information contact Katie Van Groll, Home Base Director, by email or call (920) 750-5837.