Home Base (formerly known as Runaway & Homeless Youth Services) serves youth (up to age 21) and families in Outagamie, Calumet, and Winnebago counties experiencing challenges related to running away, homelessness, and housing insecurities. Services are confidential, voluntary, and free of charge.
Youth who face housing insecurity rely on the compassion, safety, and support that this program provides during some of the most challenging times of their young adult lives.
Services provided by Home Base:
- 24-hour hotline support (920-731-0557)
- Case management, crisis intervention, and counseling support
- Family Mediation
- Multi-disciplinary teaming
- Wellness Groups
- Temporary shelter (for eligible youth ages 12-17)
- Community Referrals
- Care Packages (To learn more or request a care package click here)
Street Outreach support services consist of a dedicated team that:
- Conducts community outreach to reach out to our most vulnerable teens
- Spends time at regular youth hangouts
- Makes connections with young people in crisis
- Distributes personal care packages
- Increases youth access to community resources
Are you or someone you know in need of additional support? Click the button below to access our Street Smart card which includes great resources from area organizations that provide additional assistance for youth and their families.Street Smart Resources
Youth on the Move
November is National Runaway and Homeless Youth Prevention month. Home Base is continually finding ways to raise awareness and provide services, support, and resources for young people in our community, and their annual Youth on the Move initiative is one way they work to engage the larger community on the needs of this population.
Home Base is located upstairs at the Boys & Girls Club of Menasha, 600 Racine St, Menasha, WI 54952
Meet our Team
- Summer Schwartz, Home Base Coordinator
- DeShawn Dickinson, Home Base Case Manager
- Kay Church, Community Outreach Coordinator
- Katie Van Groll, Home Base Director
- Kate Kuhn, Home Base AmeriCorps member
For more information contact Katie Van Groll, Home Base Director, by email or call (920) 750-5837.