Runaway & Homeless Youth Services
Youth on the Move Event – November 16
In honor of November being National Homeless and Runaway Youth Prevention month, Runaway and Homeless Youth Services is hosting Youth on the Move. This community awareness event will shine a light on youth homelessness.
On November 16, 2019 at 6:00 pm we will meet in Houdini Plaza and participate in an awareness march down College Avenue in Appleton. Cardboard signs displaying statistics and stories pertaining to homeless youth will be available to carry during the march. We will then return to Houdini Plaza where Sergeant Adam Nagel of the Appleton Police Department will talk about the importance of community awareness regarding youth homelessness.
We will conclude the event with an advanced screening of the documentary, “Lost In America.” Be sure to bundle up – the movie screening is outside on purpose, acknowledging that we can’t remain indoors when so many youth are outside. Please join us for this powerful event to bring awareness to youth homelessness.
*Keep an eye out for places/parks around Downtown Appleton lit up green in November to show support to Runaway and Homeless Prevention month.
Meet our Team
- Katie Van Groll, Runaway & Homeless Youth Services Director
- Kay Powers, Runaway & Homeless Youth Services Coordinator
- Summer Schwartz, Runaway & Homeless Youth Services AmeriCorps member
Our Runaway and Homeless Youth Services team is here to help teens throughout the Fox Valley area.
Our Runaway response services include:
- 24-hour support
- Confidential, voluntary and free services
- Guidance and counseling support to runaway or homeless youth, and families of runaway youth
- Conflict mediation
- Runaway Hotline: (920) 731-0557
Our Street Outreach support services consist of a dedicated team that:
- Conducts community outreach to reach out to our most vulnerable teens
- Spends time at youth hang-outs regularly
- Makes connections with young people in crisis
- Distributes personal care packages
- Increases youth access to community resources
- Interested in more community resources?
- Download our Street Smart Guide to learn about local resources!
For more information contact Katie VanGroll, Runaway and Homeless Youth Services Director, by email or call (920) 750-5837.