This year, The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley is joining in on the biggest day of digital fundraising, Giving Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
Your gift on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 will have triple the impact when you donate on Facebook via www.facebook.com/bgcfv. Facebook is partnering with Paypal, to match a total of up to $7 million in donations. Your donation will also be matched by 3 generous local families!
Why Donate to Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley?
- 100% of your donation stays in our community, the Fox Valley, Wisconsin.
- Our Mission: Inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
- In the last year we served 12,000 youth in the Fox Valley through after school programs including our Teen Club of Appleton & Menasha, FREE Youth & Family Services including the Center for Grieving Children, Runaway & Homeless Youth Services, STAR (Students on Target to Achieve Results), TRAC (Truancy Reduction & Assessment Center) and Youth & Family Counseling.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley is rated as a four-star charity (the highest category) with a score of 96.55 (out of a 100) by Charity Navigator, a national independent charity evaluator. It’s rating system examines two broad areas of a charity’s performance; their Financial Health and their Accountability & Transparency. There are only 48 other charities in Wisconsin with this four-star rating.
Because of your Generosity
- Meet Michael: Michael eats a hot and healthy meal each day at the Boys & Girls Club of Menasha. Over 200,000 meals and snacks were served to thousands of young people just like Michael.
- Meet Jen: Since she joined the Boys & Girls Club of Appleton, Jen’s math grades improved from D’s to B’s. She is now on track to graduate in the Spring. Every school day, nearly 1,200 young people just like Jen walk through the doors of one of our Boys & Girls Clubs to get help with their school work, talk to an adult who cares, and find opportunity.
- Meet Jayzon: Jayzon works now as a mentor at the Boys & Girls Club of Appleton but was seven when his mom signed him up as a member many years ago. When his mom, a single parent, died a year later the Club was there for him and his grieving siblings. Today, Jayzon says that the Club “saved his life” and he pays that forward to the many young people just like him he gets to mentor and guide each day. Read more here >
General Notes About Facebook Giving
- Facebook and PayPal will match donations starting at 8 am Eastern Time (5 am Pacific Time) on November 27, 2018 and continue matching donations to nonprofits until the $7M match runs out. Donate early!
- Donations up to $250k per nonprofit and $20k per donor are eligible to be matched.
- Facebook charges NO FEES for donations to nonprofits. All donations will go directly Boys & Girls Club of the Fox Valley.
Want to make a bigger impact? Consider setting up a Facebook Fundraiser. You may have seen them on your friend’s Facebook feed during their birthdays but people are also creating personal Facebook fundraisers for Giving Tuesday. Need help? Download step-by-step instructions and digital toolkit here or reach out to Jason Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 205-8322.
Want to join us in supporting #GREATFUTURES for Fox Valley youth? Your contribution will make an impact in the life of a child. Every little bit helps… especially today when your gift will be tripled! Donate today, Giving Tuesday, at www.facebook.com/bgcfv. Thank you!