Join us for our FREE Community Family Engagement Series – Let’s Connect on Thursday, January 3, 2019 at Boys & Girls Club of Menasha.
Life can be stressful… There is a lot going on… Family is key.
Let’s talk about how we can reduce stress through effective communication within our world. This fun, inspiring and interactive workshop presents tools, principles and applications for effective communication at all levels. Learn about timing, empathy, clarity, tone and body language.
- When: Thursday, January 3, 2019 from 6:30 – 8 pm
- Where: Boys & Girls Club of Menasha, 600 Racine Street, Menasha, Wisconsin
- Who: Parents and caregivers (Do NOT have to be a member of Boys & Girls Club)
- Cost: FREE, Registration is encouraged (below) but walk-ins are also welcome
- Childcare: FREE childcare available with registration
Join our Facebook Event for updates here.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to apply and understand:
- The elements of healthy communication
- Assertive communication techniques (i.e., feedback loops, questioning strategies, limited choice language, etc)
- Using empathy effectively
- Adapting communication to various settings and people
- Potential barriers to communication and ways to overcome them
- Techniques for making difficult conversations easier.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Body language
- Techniques for beating burnout, overload and “hurry” sickness
- The 3 T’s of Communication – Timing, Tone and Tactic
- What goes into reducing stress
About our Speaker
Ezra Holland is an entrepreneur, author, educator, and speaker. He is passionate about the concept of reducing stress in both our personal and professional lives by building strong relationships through effective communication and leadership development. Ezra is the CEO of The Holland Group, an international workforce and leadership training company, and an Adjunct Faculty in the School of Business at Endicott College.
We hope you will join us!
January 3, 2019 Registration
Preregister for a chance to win a one-night stay for 4 at Tundra Lodge Resort & Waterpark in Green Bay for your family! Must be present to win.
For questions please contact Katie Hickey at (920) 750-5834.